Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Florida State/Clemson to Big 12?

I have been hearing reports that Florida State and Clemson have been talking to my home conference, the Big 12, about possibly becoming members #11 and 12. For that I say that it wouldnt surprise me the way conference expansion is going in terms of college football(Boise St. and San Diego St. to the Big East) that Clemson and FSU join us at some point if the ACC is going strictly to a basketball league. With Syracuse and Pittsburgh set to join the ACC as members #13 and 14, it would seem from a college fan's perspective that the ACC is shifting its sport of focus from football to basketball.

Here is the link:
http://www.eerinsider.com/2012-articles/february/clemson-and-fsu-are-on-the-clock.html#livefyre_thread

Here is why I think it would be a good fit for both FSU and Clemson to join the Big 12:

1. New Conference Rivals in Oklahoma and Texas. Now before I get the perceived notion that Texas and Oklahoma are going to bolt in 6 years, think again. Texas is the only reason why the Big 12 stayed together in the first place. They were willing to make some concessions to keep the conference alive and still have their own network(The Longhorn Network).

2. Every year, there could be the Big 12-SEC Challenge that takes place on any Saturday during the Non-Conference portion of the schedule(kind of like how the ACC-Big 10 Challenge works in Basketball now). Florida State could still play Florida, Clemson could still play South Carolina, etc.

3. The root of all evil-money. Florida State and Clemson would recieve more money in the Big 12 from all of the Television tiers than what they would receive when Syracuse and Pittsburgh join the ACC.

4. Last but not least: from a personal standpoint, I would now be able to see my beloved Kansas Jayhawks play in Tallahassee every year in basketball and would not have to travel very far to do so.

Hopefully this does happen and I can't wait to see if it does happen.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! This is my first comment here so I just wanted to give a quick shout out and say I genuinely enjoy reading your blog posts. Can you recommend any other Beauty Write For Us blogs that go over the same topics? Thanks a ton!!

    ReplyDelete