Sunday, January 29, 2012

In The Blink of an Eye Part 3

This past friday marked the 7 year anniversary when my life changed forever. Around 6:30 a.m. on January 27, 2005, I was struck by a car crossing the street to get to the school bus and had to go to the hospital. The next day, I had to have surgery to insert a metal rod in my leg to ensure that my leg was able to heal properly. After the surgery, I had to endure 3 or 4 months of grueling physical therapy to allow me to be able to walk again. About 18 months later(June 2006), I had another surgery to remove the rod, thusly ending 18 months of pain that I had to deal with as a result of the accident.

I am writing about this because life can change in the blink of an eye. All 3 of the events mentioned in the series affected my life within the last 2 weeks with the last one being an anniversary date. Anyway, as I said life can change in the blink of an eye. One day you could be on the top of the world and the next day, you could be in a terrible accident and possibly be paralyzed for the rest of your life. So as everyone goes about their daily lives: remember that life can change very quickly and may affect future decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment