Thursday, January 12, 2012

In The Blink of an Eye Part 1

24 hours ago, I received news that I did not want to hear and it broke my heart. As of February 15, Food Lion(the place I worked for the last 6 years) is leaving Jacksonville and leaving a lot of people without jobs. The point of this story is that life can change in the blink of an eye. One day, things could be fine and dandy and the next day, a black cloud could be looming. It just breaks my heart to know that all my coworkers are also going to be affected by the news of Food Lion closing and all my thoughts and prayers go out to them and also to everyone else affected.

Since our store is closing in about 30 days, I just want to say thanks to all my soon-to-be former coworkers and everyone who I worked with the last 6 years at Food Lion. You guys have treated me like family and I am forever grateful for that. I know the future looks bright for everyone and I can't wait to see what the future holds for me. I know once the store closes and we all go our separate ways, it will be a while before we run into one another and get an update on how life is going for each of us.

To close out part 1 of a 3 part blog, I will use a quote from ESPN Indycar commentator Marty Reid: "Many people ask me why I always sign off 'til we meet again, because goodbye is always so final." Stay tuned for part 2 coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment